Friday, June 08, 2012

Strawberry Carrot Breakfast Smoothie

Last week I was drinking this smoothie every morning and I love it! Here are the ingredients:

1/4-1/2 Cup carrot juice  (the carrot juice I use is from Whole Foods and I like it because it is processed with the carrot pulp too, so you are getting the fiber not just the juice of the carrot. That brand has like 800% of your daily recommended amount of Vitamin A! It is also organic and the only ingredients are carrots so I liked it a lot)

a handful of frozen strawberries
1/4-1/2 Cup of plain yogurt
1 ripe banana
2 T protein powder
1 t flax seed oil (I started adding 1 t of this to my morning smoothie every morning just because it's supposed to be good for you. It is a fat though so that's why I only use one tsp- one tablespoon is about 100 calories).
handful of baby spinach leaves

Blend in a blender. Sometimes I added just a little splash of another kind of juice too. After a few days of drinking this, I started mixing it up and adding a handful of raw spinach which was great- you couldn't really taste the spinach at all!

1 comment:

Laura Pinto-Nguyen said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! Will start drinking it next week.