Friday, June 08, 2012

Day 7

Sorry it's taken me so long to finish this! So, I went and weighed myself the morning after the last day and the final result was that I had lost about 2 lbs. I was hoping for more but then again I guess they say that it's healthy to lose 1-2 lbs a week so it's fine. I think I also lost 1-2 inches off of my waist measurement.

It's been two weeks since I finished this and I've been trying really hard to eat healthier since then. I've been eating a lot more fruits and vegetables, still drinking a protein smoothie in the morning, not eating any red meat, cut out most dairy except for yogurt and still trying to exercise at least 5 days/ week. I've also been trying to drink a lot of water still but 6 quarts is pretty hard for me- I'm probably averaging more like 4 quarts if I'm lucky.
 My frustration is that in the last 2 weeks I haven't lost any more weight, so obviously even though I'm eating healthy food and feel good I am still eating too many calories. I think what I have to learn is that even if stuff is healthy you can still eat too many calories of it.

For instance, I've been making a smoothie every morning but I'm not following the recipes in the book and I'm probably making them too big, so they are more like 400-500 calories instead of around 300 like the ones in the book. Also, I've been eating almond butter with apples as a snack but that is still a high fat, high calorie food so I should probably cut it out, or cut it way back. Same with avocados- good for you but if you're trying to actually lose weight you should probably eat them in only very small amounts. I've also been drinking treat smoothies (I'll share the recipe), which are super yummy but high calorie too so I've probably had too many of those in the last 2 weeks. Even though they are healthy for a treat- THEY ARE STILL A TREAT! So they should be more rare.

So, I think what I am going to do is try to do another week this coming week but maybe change it to two smoothies a day and then salad for dinner so I don't get too bored. Plus even though some of the veggie smoothies were better than I thought they would be, overall I'm not totally sold on liquified vegetables!!

 I'm going to do a couple of posts and share some of my favorite smoothie recipes with you and give you some links to some of the healthy recipes I've made in the last few weeks. I'm not going to post another photo until I get to a more noticeable amount of actual pounds lost!

Stats as of right now:

129 lbs
waist- 31 inches

I think all of the rest of my measurements are the same. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: