Saturday, May 19, 2012

Power Week



 Hi everyone-
I want to use the blog to keep track of my diet thingy I'm doing for the next 7 days.  I'm basing my plan off of this book: Forever Young: Fitness Drinks , by Dr Ulrich Strunz which I bought at a used book shop a few weeks ago. It is basically a recipe book for different smoothies which all use protein powder. I won't go into too much explanation- you can read the book if you want all the details- but it is all about protein and how it affects your health, weight, etc. There is a 7-day plan in the book for a week of eating 3 of the smoothie recipes/day that is supposed to help you lose weight but do it in a healthy way since you're still getting a lot of nutrients, but not a lot of calories and hardly any fat. He calls it "Power Week.'

 I'm not usually that into the whole crazy or fad diet thing but last year I lost probably about 15 lbs and have been trying to lose another 10 ever since. I've been excercising regularly and trying to eat less/better and even though I feel more fit and toned and stuff, I still can't get rid of the rest of that fat- esp in the stomach area which is kind of making me nuts! So, I'm trying this out as a way to kind of kick start losing some of that weight to motivate me to keep going. Normally I'm very skeptical of any kind of weird diet plans and stuff, but since it is only for 7 days and it's not like you're starving yourself or eating crazy unhealthy stuff I thought I'd try it. Plus I think the writer makes really good points about protein and amino acids and why they're important, etc.

 I'm going to post each day and let you know how it's going!

 So anyway, the basics of the plan are:

-drink 3 smoothies using recipes from the book each day (they all have fruit/veg, protein powder , fruit/veg juice, and some have a little milk or yogurt too)

-run 30 minutes twice/day . I hate running so I am walking which I was already doing. I'm also continuing my other excercises I've been doing (leg lifts, butt lifts, ab stuff, and arms excercises using 5lb weights, and pushups)

-drink 3 quarts of water every day

-eat unlimited amounts of fruit as well as the smoothies but that's it as far as food goes.

Ok, let's get started!

1 comment:

ellen said...

Good for you!!