Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 2






Good morning everyone! Last night I fell asleep in the middle of Sherlock Holmes, before I could post about yesterday (Sunday), so here it is. I know you are all on the edge of your seats!

So, despite the fact that Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest, it is actually always a super busy day and can be a little crazy. We have church at 9 AM and I woke up kind of late, and found out last minute that I had to pick someone up to give them a ride, so I missed my breakfast smoothie, which probably isn't the end of the world but it did throw me off for the day a little. After church we had a linger longer, basically just everyone eating together after church out on the lawn. Even though there was lots of yummy looking food I just ate fruit, which was the first thing I ate yesterday so I was proud of myself for that. I actually didn't feel like I was starving all morning like you might think. I'm starting to figure out that I probably really need a lot less food than I think I do on a daily basis because overall not eating as much has been easier than I thought it might be. Not that it's easy but I was worried I might feel like I'm starving to death all the time, which I don't. Just some of the time :)

So anyway, finally I made it home and drank a mango smoothie. I have had to make a few substitutions, like mango instead of papaya (couldn't find a papaya at either grocery store I went to), and I forgot to buy cherries so I made a blueberry banana smoothie yesterday afternoon instead of a cherry one. That smoothie was supposed to use buttermilk which seemed kind of weird to me. I also bought a thing of Kefir which I'll probably substitute for buttermilk next time since I am now out of buttermilk. I think they are pretty similar. Hopefully adding or changing fruits doesn't make too much of a difference since you can eat all the fruit you want anyway!

In the book, he suggests a protein powder made up of some animal and some plant protein, but all they had at Trader Joe's was soy protein so that is what I got. So hopefully that is good enough. At the molecular level, it's all pretty much the same, right? That is the assumption my non -scientific self is going to go on.

I was a little apprehensive of the cucumber dill drink I was supposed to make for last night but it was pretty good. It also had yogurt and kefir and some lemon juice in it. It still freaks my palate out a little to be drinking liquified vegetables but the taste isn't bad. This one kind of tasted like dill veggie dip which I like, only liquid.

 Oh, and I meant to say that the Saturday night tomato/avocado smoothie was much better than I thought it would be. It was made with tomato juice, cherry tomatoes, lemon juice, avocado and some Tobasco. It probably tastes a bit like a Bloody Mary- not that I would know!! (since I don't drink, ha ha) I also finished off the rest of the avocado because I had such a busy day Sat and felt kind of famished by that night! Did you know that avocado is technically a fruit? So that works (although I'm aware it is a high fat fruit, but at least it's the good kind of fat)

So, to finish off my recap of yesterday, I totally fell down on the job of drinking all the water. I'm supposed to be drinking 3 quarts, which is 6 water bottles a day. Saturday I managed to do it pretty easily but yesterday I only drank about 2. I think part of the reason is to help your body manage the protein so I'll try harder to do that today. I'm just not used to drinking all that water!!

I did take one 40 minute walk yesterday but you're supposed to be doing 2- 30 minute runs  so I need to try that. Not actually running, but just going twice a day. I don't know how much of a difference it makes to break the excercise up into 2 30 -minute sessions rather than one hour long session but today I'm going to try to do it.

The only other hard thing today was when I made teriyaki chicken for the fam for dinner. I REALLY wanted to eat some of it  but I knew if I cheated it would just make it harder so I'm going to stick to complete cold turkey on the no other foods. It's hard to smell stuff though, and I have to say, our life is so full of treats! This whole weekend I have been surrounded by ice cream, cotton candy, baked goods, etc. The treats are taking over the world!
 It does make things a bit more challenging.

I'm going to do a halfway point weigh in tomorrow and at the end of the week, with new photos so we can see if this is actually having any effect!
Oh, and one more thing- here is a really great post about weight loss from one of my favorite bloggers, Shelley at House of Smiths:

 http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2012/05/making-most-of-yourself-weight-loss.html

I'm totally inspired by her!
I'll try to stay awake long enough tonight  to post about today before I crash  :)

1 comment:

Chris Anderson said...

Hello, if you want to hack into your spouse messages, emails, social messages, phone and other means of communication, contact at establishedhacker@gmail.com We are on of the best hacker so far and very affordable. Contact establishedhacker@gmail.com and be careful, don't be deceived by fake people all around. you could text us on +14109819606