Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring Mantle


My favorite time of the year is here!
The trees are budding and turning that fresh light green color that I love, just like the world is blushing green. There are lots of daffodils and tulips opening up, and I've seen some magnolia trees beginning to bloom. Lots of forsythia too.
There is a clean, sweet smell in the air that makes me feel really happy. Winter is not my fave and I'm not at all sad to see it go.


I have to say that the temperature the last couple days has not been too spring -like, but next week is supposed to be really pretty- in the 60's.




This is a real nest that we found last year when my dad was cleaning under his deck. The straw is held together with layers of mud- pretty remarkable craftsmanship (don't worry, the nest had been abandoned for a while when we found it).







I bought these pussywillows over a month ago and they are still looking great.



Welcome Spring!

6 comments:

Lindsay @ Diary of a Crafty Lady said...

That nest is AMAZING. How cool to have a real one! It is so well preserved. Your mantle is beautiful:) And, I am loving your playlist!
Lindsay

Holly said...

Love it, I am pretty much decided that you will be my new decorator!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I really love your style of decorating. So inspiring. Thanks so much for linking up to Terrific Under Ten this week! Have a wonderful Easter.

A Rosy Note said...

It all looks very pretty...I like that nest :)

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for linking!
XO

Shan said...

Love your style! All is beautiful. Glad to find you via Just a Girl. :)