Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Breakfast

We had my parents, my brother and his girlfriend over for breakfast on Christmas morning. Later on my other brother stopped by with two of his kids on their way to my mom's.

I've used this same table setting for several different parties this year, advent, Christmas, and a get together of my HS friends the other night. It's pretty simple, drop cloth tablecloth, little silver trees from Crate and Barrel last year, silver snowflake table sprinkles, my new red dishes, and votive candles. I'll be using it again tomorrow when we have some friends over for New Year's brunch.





Our traditional Christmas breakfast is Pannakaku, which is Finnish pancakes. You blend the batter which has a lot of eggs and then pour in a pan and bake. This is actually only traditional the last 5 years or so, when my kids were little they didn't like it so we just had waffles. We make a yummy fruit compote to go on top, or you can have powdered sugar, syrup or jam.













This girl has gone from a baby and toddler that absolutely hated having her picture taken to now where she is a total poser! Everytime you point a camera in her direction, she's got the hands on hips, with a little tilt of the head, it just cracks me up! I guess that's why there are a bazillion photos of her.

No comments: