Thursday, November 11, 2010

Long Lost Quilt

This quilt isn't actually long lost at all, I just didn't know where the photos of it were. I just found them in a random folder.


I made this for my sister in law for Christmas last year. I finished stitching the binding on it about 10 minutes before my in-laws left for the airport to take it home with them when they were here in October last year. I was pretty proud of myself for finishing it so early! (since you know I've been known to spend my Christmas eve's finishing up binding- and even giving a quilt with unfinished binding) My sister in law has a really cool style and loves colors that I would never pick for myself, but I do think they look great together. I wasn't sure how I would do a quilt for her that would suit her funky and modern/retro style but when I saw this fabric I knew it would be perfect. I forget the name of it but it's by Sanae by Moda. I used this very simple pattern called the Scruffly Quilt from the Moda bakeshop and it really did go quickly. I started one for myself too which is about half done. I recommend this if you want to do a quick quilt without a lot of cutting. I may be doing a quilting project or two this year, but we'll see if I have time. Right now I don't even know where my sewing machine is and the craft room is far from set up!

1 comment:

Allison and Nathan said...

Hey - that quilt looks familiar! It lives on our bed and looks great in the bedroom. I love it! One of my favorite Christmas presents EVER!