Sunday, November 07, 2010

Living Room Before and After- The Short Version

Our new Living Room:
Living room before pic:
Another view of the new living room and used but new to me couch with Miss Mustard Seed pillows:

I love the big bank of windows above the couch. It adds nice architectural detail and lots of light.
Here's a closeup of the mantle:
The fireplace and mantle is my other favorite feature of the room. Here is the whole fireplace wall:

Here's a closeup of what the fireplace looked like before the many coats of paint it received!

What we did:

-stripped all the wallpaper, cleaned the gobs of yucky glue off the walls

-primed and painted everything: walls, woodwork, radiator covers, windows, ceiling (The woodwork took three coats total to cover the old, dark stain. It also had to be sanded first, so the whole process took forever!!).

-ripped up all the carpet and hired a professional to sand and refinish the existing hardwood underneath

-stripped and repainted wrought iron railing from white to black

wall paint color: Manchester Tan by Benjamin Moore

trim color- White Dove by Benjamin Moore

If you'd like more details, see my previous and much wordier post :)

4 comments:

love_suz said...

The house looks great!!

Angela (Cottage Magpie) said...

Wow! What a transformation! And that couch is fabulous! I'm not usually one for red, but the first thing I said when I looked at that pictures was, goodness, that couch is awesome! Such a lucky thing when that works out. My freebie couches have never been that nice! :-)

Oh yes, and I LOVE that paint color, too! Nice job!

~Angela :-)

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

I love your mantel painted white! The whole room is so so so much better but really love that mantel.

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

That fireplace is GORGEOUS!!! I am soooo jealous.

Your living room has had a huge transformation. Looks awesome!! :)