Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Apple Picking at Russel Orchard

The day after we went to Maine, we headed up to the North Shore. Our first stop was Russel Orchards, where we went after the clambake, for some apple picking and of course, more cider donuts!


I have to say that I was kind of disappointed in the apple picking. There were hardly any apples on the trees but they were still sending hoardes of people out into the orchard to pick apples. Most of the apples we got were off the ground, and they definitely rot a lot faster. I wouldn't mind that if they'd charged us half price or something, but to pay full price to pick apples up off the ground was kind of annoying.

My favorite red gas pump.

Have you ever tried to take a good picture of a chicken? It's hard! They don't exactly hold still and pose for you. Kind of like my kids.







The pig this sign is talking about weighed over 1000 pounds!

2 comments:

ellen said...

I love your photos!

Cath said...

Goodness! What beautiful places you are able to explore. Great photography. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I understand your divided heart - east coast vs.utah. I've never been able to reconcile the two. But it looks like you're very happy where you are. Beautiful family!