Sunday, August 15, 2010

Brewster

One day we went to Brewster, a cute quaint little town on the cape with an old fashioned general store. The kids filled brown paper bags up with penny candy. I bought a few iron stars and an iron sheep. They had some really cool antiques displayed in that store, like an old letter cabinet and old thread holder. Here we all are out in front of the store.

See the hydrangeas behind us? One of my favorite flowers and they are all over the cape. I can't believe I didn't take more pictures of them, but I was trying to enjoy the moments rather than photograph them so we really only took the camera out a couple of times. Anyway, the bright blue hydrangeas were in their prime that week and it they were everywhere.

The store has a front porch with benches and this old scale.



I love this old clock and the beadboard ceiling and fancy trimwork- to die for!


We went to another gift shop in Brewster that is an old barn with a little garden out back with a maze. Once you get through the maze, you see this model train set. It's so cute! It even has a miniature of the general store. The one thing I wanted to buy in this store was not for sale. They were these little antique galvanized metal planting pots and they were the coolest things. I've never seen anything like them before. I was imagining all kinds of decorating ideas using them. I asked two different sales people about them but they were just for decoration. Bummer!



The boys pretending to be lost in the maze. Such goofballs!

After we shopped we went to Kate's for some awesome seafood. It was one of the three times I has fried scallops on our trip, and by far the best. The sweet potato fries were pretty yummy too. I really only ever have scallops on vacation, and I'm starting to crave them again!

No comments: