Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Beach!


Well of course the main reason that you go to the cape is for the beach! We were so lucky it was hot and sunny everyday the whole week we were there. This is definitely not always the case here in NE.
We went to the beach everyday and had a really great time. I have no idea why it took me so long to discover this- but there are warm beaches on the cape. In the past we've always gone to beaches that were freezing cold. Don't ask me why! I guess I just assumed that's how they all were. This time we bought a week pass for all of the Nantucket Sound beaches and they were so warm! I always love the beach but I can really only get in up to my waist at the most- I'm just a big wimp about cold water.

This week we all spent hours in the water. Seriously, a couple of the days the beach was as warm as the pond. One day we happened to pick a beach that was having unusually big waves. I have no idea why, and I've never seen anything like it on the east coast. It wasn't like Hawaii or anything, but for here, these were some gigantic waves! We had just bought a boogie board and we had a blast in the surf all afternoon. That was about as much fun as I've had in-- I don't even know how long. Nobody could figure out why the waves were like that on that particular day. We drove by that beach again another day and it was nothing like that.




Beach pictures are always my favorite.


Like her brothers, my little gal is a true beach baby.





=

No comments: