Sunday, May 02, 2010

HOUSE!

No, not that house, this house:

Or, more specifically, this house:
What I'm trying to say, in a kind of dorky way is that we just bought this house. It's kind of a fixer-upper so stay tuned for more details and lots of before and after pictures. As my husband put it- now you get to live one of your shows! (he's referring to my HGTV watching habit:)
We closed on Friday and then took the kids over that evening to surprise them which was pretty fun. Anyway, we've already spent one day tearing off wallpaper and sanding wood paneling and that's just the tip of the iceburg. There's LOTS of work to do and it will probably be at least a few weeks until we are actually moved in. Every single wall and bit of woodwork in the house has to be painted, and almost all of the flooring has to be replaced or redone. It's going to be fun to document the transformation here and I'll probably be asking you for your opinion too.
Anyway, that's my big news of the day!


17 comments:

Jamie said...

How exciting! Congratulations on your new home!

Sarah V said...

!!!!!! That's sooo awesome!!!!!!!! Yay, Elizabeth!!!!!

ellen said...

I hope it's in the A.W. I'd love to help you with projects!!! Hooray for the B's!!!

Stace said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Liz, that is SO AWESOME!!!!! Thrilled for you all, but especially you!!!! :)

love_suz said...

That is sooo exciting. I don't know how you keep that kind of secret! I'm excited for all of you. It looks like a great house. I hope to get to visit.

Jan said...

Awesome. Our first house was a real fixer upper. So we fixed it up and stayed 30 years! We liked the results.

Natalie said...

Wahoooo! I can't wait to come and visit. Is there a guest room? Where is the house at?

Kate said...

That is Wonderful, congrats! Good luck with all the renovations, etc. I can't wait to see more!

shellyjean said...

Before and Afters are my favorite! Congratulations, I can't wait to see your progress (but it looks beautiful from the outside!)

josh, erica, nora and wells said...

Great news! The house is adorable. Good luck on the renovations!

Drewmeister said...

so exciting--congrats!

The Cassel Family said...

It looks great! That is so exciting, I look forward to all the makeover pics.

Larissa said...

Congratulations! It is so much fun to try and HGTV your own home.

Thanks for stopping by the giveaway. Good Luck.

Larissa

Corinne said...

Congrats! Where is your new home? It will be so fun to have the whole place to decorate. You are so creative! Good Luck

Johnson Family said...

That is so exciting for you guys. I look forward to seeing how things go. YEAH!!

Dantzel said...

What a loser I am for not checking your blog more often!!! I'm thrilled for you--where is this house?? Near Arlington, or somewhere completely different??? Love you all:)

Sweeney Household said...

I am just discovering your AWESOME news! Congrats. You have a GARAGE. That is HUGE & I'm jealous. Can't wait to see all the stuff you've done. When you were my VTer, remember helping me strip wallpaper????