Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snowy Morning

This is what we woke up to this morning:

A beautiful, snow-encrusted world!

It snowed almost all afternoon yesterday. It's really only a few inches, but it is the kind that clings to all of the tree branches. Our backyard is really woodsy so that, combined with the sunny blue sky made a pretty spectacular sight.

I'm glad I went out and took these photos early, because by late morning, the snow started coming down off the trees, first all powdery and sparkly, then in big clumps. By early afternoon the sky was gray again and most of the snow was gone off the trees.


Click on my collage to see more snowy photos. And yes, that is my outdoor Christmas tree still up. I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of it! I'm glad I didn't because I think it looks so pretty all snow-covered. What a glorious day!

2 comments:

nanapeggy said...

Snow is beautiful. Keith posted a picture of his house on facebook. They had some snow too.You'll have to get Mason to find it and show it to you, since he is friends with Keith. It is too bad you couldn't come for a visit now the weather is perfect. In the 70's. I am complaining because it is too warm here already. Getting ready to plant a garden. Probably won't get cold again this winter.

Canadian Cottage said...

Wow the snow looks so pretty! When I first looked at your header photo I saw that quilt and thought it was so gorgeous, from a magazine or something, then I read a little more and found you made it yourself! It is stunning. Looking forward to reading more
Janice