Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Family Reunion

We had our annual family reunion last weekend, always a lot of fun. Ellen came and took our pictures, here are a few of my favorites. I actually have a few more favorites I wanted to put on here, but I'm having trouble with Picasa. It won't open at all, grrr. Anyone else having that problem?

Anyway, here are me and my sisters with our three little gals. It's funny because they all look so much like their dads, not much cousin family resemblance going on there!

Here are me and my goofy siblings, and do you see an extra little person popping their way into the picture?! The goofiness continues on into the next generation.

Ellen had this on her blog with the title, "She's Got Brothers." She sure does, lucky girl! I love this picture.


Cropped close up of my little gal and I. She's not the smiliest kid ever, just so you appreciate the rare smiley pics you see of her!

Honey and Honey

The whole fam- all 24 of us!
We had lots of fun having a treasure hunt, playing family pictionary, kickball, and Koob (a Scandanavian game), and of course eating! We grilled a bunch and had homemade mango ice cream- yum. We also had two of my kids' birthday celebrations over the weekend, yes it was a little exhausting!
On Friday, my youngest son turned 6. He requested pumpkin pie- yes, pumpkin pie in July! I made a recipe for crust that I didn't realize was like a triple recipe, so instead of two pumpkin pies, I ended up making those plus two banana cream and an apple. It was a pie palooza. Birthday pie instead of cake- my kids are weird like that!

13 comments:

Nana said...

I am having a fit of jealousy. I would like some pie. I would like to see a cute little gal and her 4 brothers. Pictures are so cute. Happy Birthday to her!!

Sachiko said...

Ellen did such a nice job, I love the pictures of your family! My favorite one is the "She got brothers", so cute!!

ellen said...

It was fun to be around all the Dredges!

Amy Suzanne Denton said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOAH!!! I LOVE the pictures!! Everyone's so grown up and I haven't even gotten to meet A. once yet!!! I am so glad I can keep in touch with all of you.

Allison and Nathan said...

Oh no! I didn't realize Noah's Bday came and went. I got distracted by my sister and her kids coming up for a visit on July 31st. Happy Birthday Noah!

Kate said...

I LOVE all the pictures! Looks like so much fun!

The Cassel Family said...

How fun for all of you to have the chance to get together! I agree that "she's got brothers" is the cutest. Love you all!

Anny said...

What great pictures - it looks like a fun day :D

nanapeggy said...

By the way Honey and Honey are looking good!

Natalie said...

I love those pics. Holy Cow! can I jus say that I don't remember when Ben looked like that. He looks like he is 26 again, just less hair. You both look great.

Kim said...

Thanks for coming over and signing up for my giveaway. It was nice to be able to check out your blog. I think we have lots in common. I love to quilt.

I've even been teaching the young women in my church to make blue jean quilts. They are looking good too.

V and Co. said...

hey there! so i've got the email for my quilter right here:
quiltingbee@scinternet.net
she does a fabulous job but due to her prices she's ALWAYS full, and it might take a little bit longer to get it done but she's worth it!give her an email!

V and Co. said...

yeah she quilted it for me! yay! for sending f quilts to be quilted!
oh and the back was just pieced together to be big enough like you said. i like how it turned out!