Wednesday, July 29, 2009

.

Yard Sale Picnic Basket Redo

finished product:


Another little makeover featuring one of my favorite decorating products- spray paint of course! I got this little picnic basket at a neighbor's yard sale for about $5 I think. I thought the shape was cute but wasn't wild about the multi colored design on the basket:


It even came with a set of picnic dishes, never used I think:

I got out the trusty spray paint can and painted it white, inside and out:


Now it is a cute little container for my little gal's play dishes. Her collection is about to grow due to her upcoming birthday- shh, don't tell her I told you so! She loves to "cook" her play food and especially to "wash" (aka hose down the entire kitchen) her dishes. This took about 10 minutes all together- quick, easy and fun, my type of project!
I am linking this to A Soft Place to Land's diy link day so be sure to go check it out- there are always lots of really cool projects and inspiring ideas to see.
p.s.I'm linking it here too. Southern Hospitality is another place to find lots of fun ideas.

6 comments:

LullabyLane said...

Alright, I am convinced. Spray paint is something I have never explored. Your projects have all turned out so dang cute!

Sara said...

Oh, my little girl would love this. I love that it's big enough to store plenty of things. Well done!

Anny said...

That looks SO MUCH better! Your daughter is going to flip :D

Anna See said...

i am nuts about spray paint AND picnic baskets. what a great combination.

Allison and Nathan said...

We got that exact picnic basket (dishes and all) as a wedding present! It's now sitting on a shelf in my closet full of fabric.

Kammy said...

Luv it in white ! Great job !
Hugs ~ Kammy