Remember my adirondack chair project I blogged about a little while ago? Well, it is finally finished!
I've had this thing hanging around on my porch unfinished for almost 2 years. Better late than never I guess! I don't know why it takes me so long to get around to doing things sometimes. Anyway, my hubby finally got the new arm we cut out screwed on, and sanded it down really well for me, so I could get on with the painting. I got up early on the 4th of July and painted the first coat, then did the second one early yesterday. I love how this turned out! I always see these chairs in different shades of bluey green when we're driving around the Cape and in Maine, and I always think to myself- I'd really like one of those sometime. So I guess my adirondack dreams have come true! Actually, now I'd like to see if I can find a similar unfinished one to paint and make a pair. I only used half of the quart of paint I bought, so I think another chair is in order.
The color is "Kensington Green" by Benjamin Moore. I LOVE this color! I love any color that reminds me of the ocean and all things beachy. I don't know if you can tell in the pictures, but it's kind of a pretty seafoamy type green, that's also a little grayish, very mellow. My plan is to sit on it while watching the kids play in the back yard, instead of perching myself uncomfortably at the top of one of their plastic slides, which is pretty much my only seating option out there at the moment!
Anyway, not bad for a chair that was destined for the trash before I rescued it! It just goes to show that many things can be repaired/transformed rather than thrown out with just a little elbow grease and paint. I love being thrifty like that! I think all together, for the primer I used and paint, and little piece of wood, this project cost about $15 total.