Thursday, June 04, 2009

Your Prayers are Needed

Hello dear blog readers. I thought I'd share a picture of my sweet little nephew Baby Duncan (as we call him at our house). It has been two weeks since his significantly premature birth and he has had his share of ups and downs. Overall he is doing remarkably well considering his age and size, which is just under 2 lbs. However, he has had an infection and needed some extra assistance with his breathing lately. He was given medication to close a hole in his heart, which worked and we are just hoping it continues to work and the hole doesn't open up again. He has had some other smaller scale complications but he is a strong one and a fighter. He just needs to get bigger and stronger and for his lungs to develop more. Around here we're praying hard for this little guy, and ask that you join us! I know that he can use all the help he can get.
I believe in the power of prayer, and have personally felt my prayers being listened to and heard as I have prayed for Baby Duncan, and have felt a sense of our Heavenly Father's deep concern and profound love for him. I have felt inspired to pray for specific help that he needs. So, if you are so inclined, please pray for his lungs to continue to develop, for him to grow and for his infection to clear up, and for strength for his parents. It truly makes a difference!
THANK YOU!

In other, much more minor medical news, I am home today with a boy who has come down with a severe case of hives all over his body. Poor guy, he is extremely sore, itchy and uncomfortable!We'll be sitting on the couch watching movies and eating treats all day today, the sure cure for all annoying ailments!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I will definetly say prayers for baby and parents, my heart aches for them, keep us posted!

Dantzel said...

How is he doing now?? We will remember him in our prayers.