Sunday, June 21, 2009

.

With or Without?



So, here is my latest quilting project I'm working on (yes, another one! My husband was like- why don't you try finishing one of the other ones first?! I say, what fun would that be?!) I'm trying to decide whether to include a fabric, it is the dark brown with white damask-type print you can see in the first picture. I really love the fabric but I don't know if it sticks out too much, or if that's a good thing, or what. So, please share your opinion and tell me what you think! Sometimes I look at something for way too long and over analyze it. Basically, I don't want one fabric to jump out at you too much and have that be all that you see, but I like the visual interest of a bolder print too.
This isn't finished yet, there will be more squares, for a total of 42 squares, 6 across and 7 down. I'm just trying to get an idea of what it looks like before I sew the rest of the blocks- so hence the photos.
This quilt is to go on our bed, my first bigger quilting project (it's a queen). It will coordinate with some Ikea bedding I bought a few years ago that is dark red (maroon I guess you'd call it) with white. If I didn't use it in the quilt, another option would be to make a pillow or something out of it. I always go back and forth on decisions, I'm so wishy washy sometimes! (I've already brought some blocks to church to ask some friends' opinions- you guys can vote again though too!)
So anyway, if you have a spare minute, leave me a comment and let me know what you think. I'd like to get sewing and finish this up! It is a really easy project, I just started it the other day and it's halfway done. The pattern is called Triple Treat, and it's very simple and fast to sew.
Thanks for your input!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I would say with and add another bold print to the quilt.

V and Co. said...

so i like it with the damask! i would say go for it! it adds a little punch!

Angi said...

With. Definitely.

Kristin said...

I love it with the fabric....I really like how it is turning out and I can't wait to see it finished!

NanaPeggy said...

I like it either way. The damask does stand out,my eye goes right to it in that picture. In the bottom picture my eye goes to the red. So I think it is great either way. It just depends on what you want to stand out. That is my humble opinion. I understand your sewing disturbs your sons sleep!Boys!

Sweetpea said...

I like it better without. But what do I know, I'm not crafty.