Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Buttercup Bag


Last night my little sewing group got together and made these cute "buttercup" handbags. I thought they looked so hard before I made one, but it was a surprisingly easy project. They remind me of the "Bermuda Bags" that were in style when I was in about 6th grade or so- you remember the ones with the wooden handles? I have vivid memories of those bags because my best friend had 2 or 3 of them and I never did get one, so I guess that is what scarred me for life. Just Kidding!
Anyhoo, we had a fun night sewing, chatting and eating delicious cupcakes.

I know we got this pattern from a free tutorial online somewhere, but I can't find it on my computer. I'll let you know if I figure out where it came from. I think I will make another one of these in pink for my little gal so we can be matching purse buddies!

update: The pattern for these is found here on Made by Rae.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

I love the purse! I am really in need of a new bag for the summer! Thanks for the link, I am going to check it out right now!

Natalie said...

That is a really cute purse. I like the fabric you picked. Also, I didn't know you had a pie phobia!? You need to make banana cream pie-that is my favorite that you make so yummy.

Margaret said...

i want one...

Sweetpea said...

Me too. Matchy sister ones would be very cool.

Janalee said...

Love it! Love the idea of a sewing group and cupcakes to top it off! :) I made some bags with my girls this morning... so fun now that they are old enough to push the peddle on the machine!

Machelle said...

Love the bag. I have a couple I want to make just havent been motivated. I am now that Im looking at yours. Thanks

Jamie said...

Hi Elizabeth!
Thank you so much for your sweet comment! It made me smile ear to ear! I've really enjoyed blogging for the short time that I've been at it, but what I enjoy even more is "meeting" others who share my interests and inspire me daily! So much talent out there! I look forward to hearing from you again and now I'm off to enjoy your blog! That purse is adorable!
-Jamie

Janika said...

I made this purse as well. However, it seemed a bit flimsy without interfacing. I ended up just adding an additional lining of thin warm & natural and it turned out really cute! I'd also like to try enlarging it sometime--it's about the size my 7 yr. old twins need! Oh, and is this the ward "little sewing group"? I need to attend more of that stuff!