Sunday, June 14, 2009

New Calling

Today at church I began a new calling, serving as a counselor in the presidency of the Relief Society in our ward. I'm pretty excited about it, especially since my good friend Ellen is the president! I think we are going to have a lot of fun, and hopefully be able to do some good also.

It is also just a little intimidating to feel like I am following in the footsteps of some incredible ladies. The woman who had the position before me was my seminary teacher and Young Women's leader, and someone I admire and look up to a lot. My Grandma was a leader in RS too for much of her life, and is legendary in our family for all of the service she gave in those callings, and just in life in general. So, I feel a bit out of my league but I'll give it my best. I know I've been given experiences in the last year that have prepared me, chief among them being a Gospel Doctrine teacher. That was so scary for me, that now I feel like church calling wise, if I could do that, I could do just about anything!

Ellen was out of town today so I got thrown right out into the deep end and got to conduct the meeting today. Despite the couple of nightmares I had about it last night, it went fine:) Ellen was right, they don't bite! I'm just kidding, because really all of the ladies at church are awesome and it will be a privilege to serve them in this way for a while. If you want to get inspired, click here to learn more about the Relief Society, it's an amazing organization!

7 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats! We can learn this calling together!(I'm the enrichment counselor, so if you do some fun things let me know) :)

ellen said...

I'm thrilled to have you in my R.S. posse!

rebecca said...

Send enrichment ideas my way! I'm en. counselor and always up for new ideas.
What a great calling for you, E. & how fun to serve with EP:)

NanaPeggy said...

This is awesome! You all will be great. I love the RS. It is /was/has been one of my favorite callings. I think I have done everything in RS but be the secretary. It is wonderful to serve the sisters and see all the good that they do. So enjoy.

Natalie said...

Oh you guys will be great. I am in charge of food for enrichment so if you have any yummy food at your meetings let me know and I will do the same. Love you and you will be great.

Dantzel said...

Wow! That is great and you'll do an amazing job:) Grandma is smiling.

Amy Suzanne Denton said...

This is awesome E!!! I know you will be great at this calling. You are so crafty and such a friendly and loving person. I know you will be able to help and influence many in doing wonderful things. Love you!