Wednesday, May 13, 2009

D.C. Flowers
























One of my favorite things about our trip was all the gorgeous flowers. We picked the perfect week to go for prime flower viewing, I was in heaven! My favorite flowering tree is the dogwood, and they were out in full force, along with redbuds, apple blossoms, and gobs of tulips everywhere. I just couldn't get enough of them, and of course took about a million pictures.
As you might have noticed, I have a hard time narrowing down photos, there are so many I just love. So, here are a boatload of flower pics, hope you enjoy them!
p.s. I've given up on collage for now until I can figure it out better, which is too bad since it would have saved a lot of space on this post esp.!
*quick note on retouching pics for my mom in law who asked about it:
- I use Picasa to retouch, and I almost always do "I'm feeling lucky" to start off with. Then I go into effects and I usually "glow" everything, I also use warmify, film grain, color saturation, soft focus a lot. Sometimes I sharpen, and I crop a lot too. I like to combine a whole bunch of effects together in one picture, it's amazing how much it will improve light and color in the photos. I used to think of retouching as "cheating," but I'm totally over that!
I tried using photoshop once and it gave me a headache, it's just beyond me. Which is too bad ,because there are lots of cool things you can do with it. One other effect I wish Picasa had is one my dad has that makes paint stroke effects, so it kind of blurs it all into an impressionist painting type of look.

4 comments:

Nana Peggy said...

Oh how lucky that you got to see the beautiful flowers, Never too many photos of beauty! Love them all.

LullabyLane said...

I say the more photos the better, and thank you for never doing a slide show! Are dogwoods the tree with bright pink flowers on the trunk and branches? They are beautiful! I've never seen anything like them.

The Cassel Family said...

I love it all! I love blossoming trees, they are a fav. We hope to do DC sometime, and I would love to do it in the spring. You take amazing photos:)

Allison and Nathan said...

Great pics! Like the robin the best.