Wednesday, May 20, 2009

April Christmas Project




Is done! I know I haven't been super timely on my monthly project posting, but see, I do get around to things eventually. March kind of got skipped, but oh well. I did make an apron, but it was pink and white polka dot, so doesn't really count for a Christmas project. I'm still working on the star quilt, which was supposed to be the January project. I guess I should have made that one a whole year project!
So, this table runner is made from the same Mistletoe Manor fabric as my Christmas star quilt. In fact, it is made from the scrap pieces left after I cut out my Buggy Barn stars. There is always a big chunk of each fat quarter left after you cut out your star pieces, so from those I cut out charm pack size squares (5"), sewed a mini quilt top and then quilted it with simple X's. I backed it with the red polka dot fabric, which I just love, so it could easily be reversible, and you could even use it all year round. You can also consider these the before pics for this little coffee table- a recent thrifty find. I'm planning to paint it this weekend if it's not wet.
So many projects, so little time!


2 comments:

4sberg said...

I love all your projects--I don't know how you get them done and keep up with a busy family. Ihave no one at home and I still can't find much free time to get at some projects I have started and not finished. Right now I am working on a couple of blankets/quilts for Spencer and Marlee's girl due in September. When I heard about the Cambridge chapel burning I called my sister-in law in Utah. That is the chapel they attended when my brother was at Harved. She loved tht building and was very sad to hear of the loss. i love seeing pictures of your family. They are growing up quickly. I vist teach Azure Cuthbert now and we enjoy talking about you--the Beutlers are still missed in the ward. She is expecting number 5 in a few weeks--I think this one is a boy. We all are keeping baby Duncan in our prayers. He is tiny--and so cute. Love his hair....

Tricia Anne said...

What a darling table runner!
I really like your quilting projects. :o) You have a great eye for colors and you do beautiful work. :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne