Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Portraits









It takes some serious blood, sweat and tears to get a good picture of 5 kids! I don't usually get very good pictures at Christmas time- who wants to take pictures when it's dang cold out?! Not me. I'm only good at outdoor photography, so for Easter I tend to go all out. Plus, who can resist photographing all those yummy spring-colored outfits? We usually manage get a pretty good one- but believe me it takes some work, and sometimes a few threats! As far as I'm concerned, that is the sole reason for our outdoor Easter egg hunt- to get them outside in their nice clothes and in a good mood for photos!

Oh, and I forgot to mention in my previous Easter posts that I somehow managed to pass out an entire dozen uncooked eggs for my kids to color, which resulted in some nice raw-eggy surprises throughout our Sunday festivities! (ie: exploding egg war at the dinner table, dropped raw eggs on the porch, throwing raw eggs at trees contest- ok, so that was not so accidental!)

6 comments:

Lullaby Lane said...

Your pictures look great. It always looks like your family is having a blast. Do you just want to frame all of them? I would. I think your egg story is hilarious! A new tradition maybe? :)

Kate said...

Your kids always look so good in the pictures you finally get! I love the little dress, did you make it?

Amy Suzanne Denton said...

Hi guys!!! I got me a blogspot too now! I was just checking out your easter pictures and they all look wonderful!! I really miss you guys! I live in the valley now so next time you are in town I will have to go to Aunt Peggy's to see you guys! I can't believe how grown up she is!! All the kids are growing up too fast. I hope you guys will keep in touch with me! I love you all!

Machelle said...

Wow, you take really good pictures. I wish I was good with the camera. Love seeing pictures of the kids.

Corinne said...

Fabulous job with all the Easter Pictures. I think your pictures are always gorgeous. But like you I re-touch everything!!! I love adding text now as well.

Dantzel said...

What a darling family!! We miss you a ton:)