Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Biggest Loser!

After:



Before (this was last Nov):



Before (this was a couple of years agoon our Philadelphia trip):


My hubby did a biggest loser contest at work and not only did he lose 40 lbs in 3 months, he also won a big wad of cash! He was very dedicated and started working out at the gym and playing basketball, plus drastically cutting out his treat intake. When he fell and sprained his ankle I thought that would be the end of it, but he took a few days off and then kept working out on the bike even when he still couldn't put weight on his ankle. At work they are calling him the Incredible Shrinking Man! He even had to get out his box of "skinny clothes."

I'm glad he won and all that, but most of all I'm glad he's healthier. Nobody really believed that he needed to lose that much, when you're tall it just doesn't show as much- a problem I'll never have, unfortunately. He is only about 10 lbs away from wedding weight. I'm more like 20 lb away, someday I'll have to show you those pictures, they're pretty funny! The only other problem with it is that now I'm feeling like the fat one, so I guess it's time to get busy and lose that last 10 lbs of "baby weight." How old can a kid be before you aren't allowed to blame your fat on them anymore? Let's say 2, that gives me a few more months!

9 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so proud of him. Its hard to loose weight, I have to really work at it and it is not fun. So what did he do with his winnings? Did he go buy some new clothes?
Also, are you guys thinking of having another baby?!?

Stace said...

Congrats B!! That is awesome!!!

Amy Suzanne Denton said...

Those pics are amazing. He really DOES look a lot like the BJ you married! I know you can lose that weight too. After 5 babies you ARE still looking great, E. And I wanna know the answer to Nat's question too. :)

Johnson Family said...

Great Job!!

Nathan said...

Not bad for an old guy!! You look great. Doesn’t it feel great to be skinny again!? When I look back 35 lbs into my past I don’t know how I ever let myself get to that point…it’s just so uncomfortable. What kind of work out are you doing? Any running? When you’re up for it we should train for a marathon…or a ½ marathon.

Nathan said...

Not bad for an old guy!! You look great. Doesn’t it feel great to be skinny again!? When I look back 35 lbs into my past I don’t know how I ever let myself get to that point…it’s just so uncomfortable. What kind of work out are you doing? Any running? When you’re up for it we should train for a marathon…or a ½ marathon.

Sweetpea said...

Wowsa! He's looking studly! Congrats to him, that is awesome. Another motivation for me, too!

Kate said...

Looks so great! Way to go! BTW-my baby is 5 and I still have more baby weight than I should!

Dantzel said...

Wow Ben, you look terrific. Could you inspire me???