Wednesday, March 11, 2009

She Does Stuff Like this on a Daily Basis




This is actually pretty mild compared to other messes she's made! We call her destructo baby. I've never seen a kid who gets into more stuff, so fast. She has very good coordination so she can unscrew lids and things like that easily, and now she pushes chairs up to counters and climbs up, enabling her to get into even more. When you turn around to clean up one mess, you turn back and there is another one, it's pretty amazing! Yesterday, just in the time it took me to make dinner, she smeared greasy lotion all over herself, smashed and threw tortilla chips all over the kitchen, cleaned the papers off the kitchen counter with a sweeping motion, wrote on herself and her doll with a marker, painted white out on her lips, and played with a knife. This is pretty average for her. If it's quiet, you know you're in trouble! She keeps us on our toes, this one does. She loves Curious George and I can see why- they have a lot in common! As I was starting to write this post, I realized I couldn't hear or see her- a bad sign, so I went racing outside in my socks in the rain to make sure she hadn't escaped again (a neighbor found her crying shoeless in the snow out front a couple of weeks ago). Luckily, she was just upstairs running around with no diaper on (she likes to take her diaper off all the time too). Good thing for her she's so sweet and so darn cute!

6 comments:

Sweetpea said...

That sounds very familiar.

Johnson Family said...

Oh, what fun you are having. I am so glad I don't have one of those right now. I don't think I could take it.

The pictures will be great in the future though.

Janalee said...

I have a few of those! I'm so glad she's been your only one...She is adorable!

Stace said...

She is sooo adorable!!! Can't wait to see her!!!

Nana said...

Well she is too too cute. Love her. I can't belive she does such things!! Gotta love that face!!

Allison and Nathan said...

Ok, honestly, I'm not sure if I could handle a little one like that! Kudos! My kids must be aliens, because none of them ever got into stuff like other kids do.