Friday, March 13, 2009

10!





My middle child turned 10 the other day- I can hardly believe it! We had a family birthday dinner for him the other night, with an interesting menu of enchiladas and banana cream pie! Tomorrow we're having a little party for a few friends. We're taking them to see "Race to Witch Mountain." I hope it's as good as the original one, but I doubt it will be!

Here he is with the "Volcano Guy" that I made him, similar to what I did a couple of years ago. I had saved this guy that he made out of construction paper quite a while ago and he had forgotten all about it, so it was a fun surprise. The original paper model is missing the feet and an eye, but you get the picture. I think it turned out to be a pretty good likeness. Someday I'd like to do some embroidery of their drawings like this. In fact, I'd love a whole quilt like that, but it will probably have to wait until someday when I have a little more time. Like when I'm a grandma. I probably won't have much time then either!

He is a great artist and writer with a great imagination. His other favorite presents were Sly Cooper 2 video game, the book "Monsterology," and some discs for playing World of Warcraft. He is definitely a fantasy buff, as most of the boys around here are! Happy Birthday big guy!

4 comments:

Lullaby Lane said...

I LOVE that volcano guy. That is such an amazing idea! It looks like a perfect match to the original!

Sweetpea said...

Happy B-day, nephew #3!

Nana said...

Looks like a good time was had by the birthday boy!! Yeah for you birthday boy! You guys are all growing up too fast!! Happy Birthday!

Allison and Nathan said...

Way cute volcano guy. Happy Birthday! We love you!