Friday, February 13, 2009

Decorating With Photos

I took advantage of a great sale last week at my local camera shop and updated all of my framed photos throughout the house. 44 cents for a 5x7 and $1.44 for an 8x10 - can't beat that! Here are the new living room wall photos:

(a few of these were taken by my husband and I think my mother in law took the veggie ones, so photo credits to them)

Here are the new kitchen photos:



Here are the old living room photos:


I think the new photos are a little more interesting and the colors are a lot brighter. When it comes to decorating, change is good once in a while!
(although I still love my dad's boat shot there in the middle and will probably reframe that sometime)

Old kitchen photos:


I also updated the kids' photo wall:

Photo credits to my sister in law Allison who also took our family pictures. Here is a better view of the kid pictures since I haven't posted them before. These were taken at Gardner Village in Midvale, Ut when we were there in November. Pretty good looking kids, if I do say so myself! It's always nice to have something new to look at, especially at this time of the year when I feel like all I've been seeing is snow, ice, snow, ice, for weeks! We have had so much cold weather and so much snow and ice this year that I am totally burned out on it and can't wait for spring. I'm tired of being cold all the time and I'm ready to see some green out the window!

































This week they are having a great sale on 4x6 photos, so I'll be keeping them busy again!








5 comments:

ellen said...

And on Monday 8x10's are a dollar!!

lambie-pie said...

That is so good to know, because of course there are a few more I wish I had gotten!

Nana said...

How come I don't have any of these photos? They are good. I found some frames in the dollar section at Target and I am putting 16 kid pictures in them. Don't know where they will go after that though. Now I know why you haven't blogged for a while. Cute quilt. Love it.

Nana said...

I remember when some of those pictures were taken. It was a couple of fun trips. Is the snow/ ice melting yet?

Allison and Nathan said...

I REALLY need to go to New England to take some photos!