Friday, January 02, 2009

Turkey Time



A couple of years ago my friend Ellen taught me how to make these cute fabric turkeys, so this year I thought it would be fun to make them as decorations/party favors for our biannual Thanksgiving family reunion in St. George. As usual, the week that I was supposed to be leaving was crazy with laundry, packing, errands, and projects! You would think that I would learn how to not procrastinate but I never seem to. Anyway, I was trying to finish a quilt before I left, plus make about 16 of these turkeys! We had a family night of turkey making a few days before I left, me sewing and the boys stuffing them. They survived their plane trip squished into the extra suitcase (the one that brought home all the new fabric and other Utah purchases!) and they ended up looking really cute on the Thanksgiving tables. Our family has grown so much that we had to use a church cultural hall for our gathering. It was great fun and since my kids stole the camera and took about a million pictures, I think that will be a whole separate post!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Loved the turkeys and the updates! Glad you survived the holidays! Happy New Year!

Dantzel said...

Thanks again for the most festive tables ever!!! It was so good to be with you and we miss you a ton. Give everyone a hug.