Friday, January 02, 2009

Quilt Shop Hop










I had lots of fun- and spent lots of money - doing my own unofficial quilt shop hop while in Utah. I visited 10 quilting and fabric stores and managed to find at least one small thing to buy in each of them! This is after visiting lots of quilt shops in Maine and NH in October so my goal now is no more buying, sew what I have! My husband was really nice to put up with all of the stops in quilt shops that we made
on our trip. I really did like every shop I went to and found lots of inspiration in each one. They were all really unique and had such a variety, plus the shops themselves were decorated so cute. Here are some pictures which are mostly from The Corn Wagon in Springville. I stopped there about 10 minutes before they closed on Wed night before Thanksgiving while on our way down to St. George for the holiday weekend. It is an adorable shop and the ladies were nice enough to let me take pictures. I really love this little fabric flower project they had up on the wall, and all of their little displays. I think this little Christmas bedroom display is adorable. Here is a list of the stores I visited:

Piper's Quilts and Comforts- Sugarhouse
Elaine's Quilt Block- SL
Quilted Cottage- American Fork
Corn Wagon- Springville
Fabric Mill- Orem
Thimbles and Threads- Draper
Quilt's Etc.- Sandy
Pine Needles- at Gardner Village in Midvale
Hancock Fabrics- Salt Lake (this is just a regular fabric store but I love that they carry 108" wide quilt backing fabric)

I don't know if I could pick one favorite but I guess if I had choose my top three would be The Corn Wagon, Material Girls, and Piper's. I hope I get to go back someday because of course I know there are a bunch more shops that I didn't visit. Once I've used up all of this fabric that is! Of course, you can never have too much fabric!

5 comments:

Nana said...

Love the pictures. Those quilts are lovely. You need to post a picture of the quilt you made for Suzi that was just gorgeous.

scrapsidaisy said...

Learning how to quilt is on my bucket list. I just know that once I start I will become completely obsessed and make tons of quilts! I can't wait!

Kristin said...

I love all those shope! Thanks for posting such cool photos. I am glad you had a great trip and I want to see all the things you got!

Believer said...

Hi, Thanks for sharing...
I love the Quilt in the picture of the Santa sitting on the moon do you remember what shop it was taken at or the name of the pattern
I am a Fabric Rep. and I have not seen it before. Hope you enjoyed your time in New England that were I live

lambie-pie said...

Hi, I am directing this comment to "Believer," since I don't see a profile or blog for you. This quilt was in The Corn Wagon, in Springville, UT. I don't know what it's called, I just took the picture but didn't buy the pattern. I'm sure they would tell you if you called them though, they were very nice and helpful.
Good luck!