Thursday, January 01, 2009

Alma Mater








While in Utah we spent an afternoon at BYU, where we both went to school, and where we met in our student ward. I remember seeing families on campus when I was a student and thinking- "look at those old people visiting with all of their kids." Now we are those old people!! We had a great time showing the kids all of our old haunts. BYU is a magical place for me with lots of great memories, and a gorgeous campus. The mountains are so big and close that you feel like you can reach out and touch them. Both of my older boys say that they want to go there which makes me so happy! It is a great school and a great environment where I grew a lot academically and socially and most importantly, spiritually. That is a pretty rare thing to find at a University. We love the Y!

1 comment:

Machelle said...

Your boys are getting very tall. I cant believe it! Sounds like you had a good time. I can relate to the fabric. I had to ground myself from buying more about ten years ago. I do pretty good but I try to use my stash. Now Im addicted to yarn and I like the expensive stuff. Gotta make new goals. LOL