Sunday, October 26, 2008

Henniker, New Hampshire















Last Friday we had a great day trip to New Hampshire. This day was all about quilt shops and covered bridges. We went to a couple of quilt shops in Concord- Peggy Anne's and The Golden Gese (yes this is the right spelling, it is named after the owner!), and then on to Henniker to visit Quilted Threads, a really fun quilt shop. Along the way we saw three or four covered bridges including one in Henniker that was really beautiful. It was right on a river that happened to be as still as glass when we were there close to sunset resulting in these incredible reflections of the trees and bridges in the river, and some of the coolest pictures we've ever taken. I've just never seen anything like it before and I just couldn't get over how gorgeous it was. In fact I'm going to do a whole separate post because there are just so many great shots! It is still so amazing to me that we can drive for one hour and be surrounded by such breathtaking scenery. In fact, you don't even have to drive that far! There's some pretty amazing scenery right in our own backyard too. And by the way- what up with the "No Bridge Jumping" sign? Like anyone would actually do that?!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I love those pictures. I really loved that spot we found we got great pictures of trees, a bridge and a covered bridge. It was a good trip.

Jennifer said...

Wow, those are so fantastic, Liz! I love the bridge shots. I really do wish I could take a photography class from you!! :)