Saturday, October 11, 2008

Garden Pasta



Have you all tried this Barilla pasta plus? I love this stuff! It is made with protein flour so it has tons more nutrients than regular pasta which is basically just the same as eating white bread. I feel so much better about feeding the fam pasta now. It comes in penne and elbows too- healthy mac and cheese, hooray! I had tried whole wheat pasta and thought it was pretty gross. My kids can't even tell the difference in taste between this and regular pasta. It definitely fills you up more too. So here is a picture of the meal I made a lot this summer with our garden veggies. You start by sauteeing lots of garlic in olive oil and then adding squash, then later adding tomatoes and kind of squishing them as they cook to make a sauce. I added parsley and sometimes basil and lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Then serve with parmesan cheese. So yummy and healthy too. If you have any tomatoes and squash still lying around, give it a try!

1 comment:

Janalee said...

I am loving all your posts about food!! It's pretty much 40% of what I think about, hmmm what to have for breakfast? do I have any bread for lunch? you seriously want another snack? I get to make dinner again? :) Congrats to your DAD! That is AWESOME! He's so great...