Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Camden, ME



















We spent Columbus Day in Camden, ME and had a great day. Some highlights included: the view from Mt. Battie, hot fried scallops, a big wedge of blueberry pie at Rockport Diner, a couple of cool quilt shops, seeing a pumpkin decorating contest all down the main street of one town, white steeples, sailboats in the cove, and the overall quaintness of the entire area and peak fall color. As you can see we were also extremely enamored of the "belted Galloway" cows that we went to see! There are about a million more pictures of these cows, including one picture of a cow pooping. I can't describe the my son's thrill at having captured that on film! We had a really fun day of souvenir shopping, feeding the ducks and birds, and enjoying the beautiful scenery. I highly recommend the area to anyone thinking about staying in Maine. In fact, so far I haven't been anywhere in Maine that I didn't love!

7 comments:

The Cassel Family said...

Im so jealous. How pretty! Those leaves are amazing. Your fam is pretty dang cute too. Yes, we will figure out a time to do some hair while you are here. Shoot me and e mail and I will get you on my books:)

rebecca said...

Gorgeous photos! Love the cows and thanks for sparing us from the pooping cow:) LOL.
The foliage is amazing. I love Maine too:)

Jennifer said...

LOVE the pictures!! I should take a class from YOU!! :) What a fantastic trip!

Brian Kliewer said...

Nice pics. I did a painting of the Belted Galloways at Aldermere Farm one time that showed a very definite "green" area on the behind of one of the animals. I mentioned it on my blog, making sure to note that it wasn't "grass stains" from sitting down in the field. At least one breeder I know loved that. Nope, it might not always be brown, but poop is poop!

Allison and Nathan said...

Someday...

ellen said...

I went to Camden last summer and loved it!!

Frozen Cacti said...

I love your photos and these are no exception.
What a nice get away! We'll need to check that place out.