Sunday, June 01, 2008

Fenway



















































A friend from church invited us to his work event at Fenway park last Friday. They had fun activities for kids like t-shirt painting and face painting and had amateur games going on all day that you could watch. We all got to go on a tour of the ballpark which was really cool, plus everyone got a hot dog, chips and a drink. It was a really great opportunity, especially for the big baseball enthusiasts in our family. Even I- not exactly the greatest sports fan in the world- had a great time. We got to go sit up on the "green monster" and hear some really cool stories about Red Sox lore by our tourguides. We had such a fun day and of course I took about a million pictures! Here are a bunch of my favorites. I think my most favorite pictures are the ones of the original wooden seats at Fenway. It's one of the few ballparks that hasn't been redone and all the old seats replaced. And did you know that the green color the park and the wall is painted is copyrighted? You can't buy paint in a store that color.

It's fun living in Red Sox Nation. GO SOX!!

7 comments:

The Cassel Family said...

Looks like a blast, we went to a game when we visited in high school and I loved it!!!

Sweetpea said...

Sounds like fun! I'm sure your boys all loved it. And I love your pictures. You rock!

Stacy said...

That sounds like so much fun!! I bet the boys especially loved it!!!

ellen said...

Great photos!

Dantzel said...

One of my favorite places of all time--go Red Sox

Kate said...

This looks like so much fun! I'm sure the boys were in heaven. Too bad it's the wrong team. :) Say Happy Birthday to #2 from us!

Amy said...

Nice to see you blogging again. I missed seeing your fun photos!