Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Testimony




Just a week or so before Christmas, my 8-year-old had a little devotional meeting with his cub scout group at church. Each boy was asked to give a short testimony about their feelings about Jesus Christ. In case you can't read it, here is what his paper says:

"I am happy to know that I can live again. I know that Jesus made this possible. If Jesus hadn't wanted to be Savior, then death would be the last step. This is only one reason I remember Jesus near Christmas time. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

He wrote this all on his own without any help from me. Sometimes as a parent you wonder if you're actually getting through with the things you are trying to teach your kids, or if it's sinking in at all. Times like these are nice because I can feel like, ok, yes, some of it is registering! I know I'm not doing my job perfectly, but at least I'm succeeding a little. Of course I give huge credit to all of their teachers and leaders too. He has awesome Primary teachers and scout leaders, all of my kids do. We couldn't do it without all the dedication of great people at church. These pictures are some drawings he did when he was asked to provide the picture for the Sacrament Meeting program at church a couple of weeks before Christmas. Don't you just love his sheep?! I just love this boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wise little boy! He has lots of talent! And he's good looking too!
Nana

Gone-ta-pott said...

Oh that was very touching. It made a tear come to my eyes and it will touch others as well. He's very young to have such faith. Wonderful! I know you are proud. -Pam~