Sunday, January 27, 2008

Art Bag



I made this little art bag for my niece for Christmas. I didn't have a pattern or anything, I was trying to copy this little cotton bag I bought at Old Navy a while ago. Because of this, if you look closely at it, you'll see that the sewing is a little wonky. I kept messing with it until I got it to look ok. If there is one thing I hate, it is ripping out stitches and redoing stuff! I filled this bag with a drawing pad, colored pencils, and Mr. Sketch markers for a girl who likes art. Did you have those in elementary school too? We called them the "smelly markers" and I loved them! I used to just sit and smell each one. They had smells like cotton candy, cinnamon, blueberry, lemon, watermelon. That is a really strong childhood memory for me, sitting in class drawing with Mr. Sketch markers. I'd get them for my kids, but due to past inappropriate coloring episodes (like on walls, furniture, etc.), markers are banned from my house! Maybe someday they will be allowed again and I can get us some new smelly markers.

1 comment:

Sweetpea said...

I love those Mr. Sketch markers. Where did you find them? Ah, the memories...