Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Quilt for Midgee



This is the quilt I made for my sister's baby "Midge" who is due today! It is very similar to the other stripey baby quilts I've made, although I did vary the sizes of the strips this time. I love the pretty sherbety colors in this quilt. Here is my sis opening it at one of her baby showers. I think they are planning to hang it on the wall of the adorable pale yellow nursery, which I'm very pleased about.
The baby's name isn't actually going to be Midge, that is just what we are all calling her until she arrives and her actual name is decided upon. My kids ask everyday if the baby is here yet, or on the way at least! We are all dying to meet her. In true drama queen fashion, however, (and proving, even before birth, that she takes after my sis!), she is making us all wait for her fashionably late grand entrance! And on another random note- did you know that mini Tootsie Roll candies are called "Midgees?"
Come on sweet little Midgee, we're all waiting for you!!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Your quilt turned out so darling! You totally inspire me with all the projects you complete. We are anxiously waiting too!

Sweetpea said...

I love the quilt, it turned out so well. The colors are perfect for Midgee's nursery. I really hope she gets here soon, and that our sister is hanging in there! My sister-in-law had her baby girl yesterday, two weeks early! Ooops, hope our sister isn't reading this, she might be jealous. I remember those last few weeks of pregnancy all too well...yuck.

Jodi & Jesse said...

That quilt is so cute. I want one! Maybe I'll attempt making one for our little bundle.