Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Webkinz



My kids have joined the Webkinz craze. Why couldn't I have been the one to think up that idea, I'd be a millionaire! The basic premise is that you get a stuffed animal and then register it online, and then you play with it in it's own little virtual world. My kids' Webkinz have nicer houses than we do, watch cooking shows on tv, earn money and buy things for their houses. There's all sorts of other things they can do, and they can even interactively visit eachother at their houses if they are both online on different computers. So far the two middle boys have them, and of course the little guy wants one for his birthday coming up.
I should have known they would get big around here because they have always been stuffed animal lovers, one of them has collected beanie babies since he was two, and they still play with beanie babies a lot. Overall, I don't think it's a bad thing except now they want to be on the computer even longer everyday. Here is a picture they took of their Webkinz. My kids have always had a weird thing about photographing their toys!

No comments: