Friday, July 27, 2007

Crosstitch Onesie



This is the onesie I was talking about before, that I made about 11 years ago when I was pregnant with kid #2. To do this you need special crosstitch canvas that you attach to the clothing, or fabric or whatever you're using. Then you stitch through both layers, and when you're done, you soak it and the canvas stuff dissolves. Then you have the little crosstitch design left on the fabric. I'm happy I still have this little hand me down to pass on to baby sister. I was planning to maybe make a few more, but that didn't quite happen yet. I've done a lot of things on my list, but not all of them. Like, I started a new quilt wall hanging- a pretty small one- last weekend, but I don't think that's going to get finished before the baby comes. Not that I'll never be able to make anything after the baby is born, but I just know from prior experience that it will be a while! I did get my most dreaded job done yesterday- cleaning out my disgusting refrigerator. Seriously, it was bad, and I had to take apart the entire thing and scrub it forever. It took me almost three hours, and I was seriously sore afterwards and had to lay down for a few hours. Ugh. Now that that's done I feel ok about going into labor anytime now. And today I got all the bills paid and stocked up on food, and cleaned the whole house. Do you hear that baby, we're all ready for you! Hopefully there will be some good news soon!

No comments: