Friday, June 29, 2007

I am HUGE!

I went to the dr. today, actually saw the nurse, who was a little concerned with the fact that I have gained 8 &1/2 POUNDS!! in the last 2 weeks. Well, yes, that is something to be a little concerned about for most people. And I am measuring 40 centimeters when I am really only 34 weeks (meaning I should be measuring about 34 cm or so). In other words, I am as big as I should be when I'm full term. In other words, gynormous! Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure this doesn't mean I get to have a baby a month early, just that I get to feel 9 months pregnant for even longer. Oh Joy! I was kind of hoping that being a girl, she might be somewhat petite, but I don't think I am going to have any such luck as that.
And no, this post will not come with a picture because I'm not so into showing off my huge belly for fun. I did put on a bathing suit today though, which I thought was pretty brave of me. We took the kids to Walden Pond to swim, and I was so hot that I couldn't have cared less what I looked like in my maternity suit. I think today at the pond was the coolest I've been in weeks, which was nice for a change! Thank heaven for A/C is all I can say! The one good thing about all of this is that we get to have another ultrasound next week to check for "size bigger than dates" (medical term for- "You are huge"). This time I'm going to remember to have them point out the "it's a girl" money shot to me and get a printout of it if I can. Last time I was so flabbergasted that he had said the word "girl" to me that I couldn't think straight and forgot to have them point out the proof!
After my appointment today I went to Target and the Carter's store and spent some money, which always makes one feel better! The home improvement/nesting obsession continues. Last night we cleaned the living room carpet (ok, let's get real, my husband did it all while I watched a show about bears in bed with two of my kids!), and did a thorough dusting. Today I bought new towels and bathroom accessories and some cleaning products (no can of lysol yet though, that's still at least 2 weeks away), storage container to reorganize my fabric (again) and outlet covers for the living room. Last week I painted a wall, had my husband and boys clean and vacuum out the minivan, and some nice friends who were moving gave us their old but new-to-us and nice couches which are a very large improvement on what we had before in both look and comfort. I'm starting to feel somewhat ready to have a baby in the house. You may wonder why I am sharing all of this information with you. Well, it may have something to do with the fact that it is 3 AM and I am wide awake with my heartburn, back soreness and the fact that laying in my bed makes me really hot, keeping me up. Don't worry, you won't have to put up with my pregnancy whining too much longer. Six weeks to go and counting!!

3 comments:

Peggy said...

I really would like a picture since I am missing out on this whole pregnancy. Sorry you are not feeling well. Heartburn stinks! Just think you could be in sunny AZ where it is probably still about 100 degrees at 1 AM. Hard for me to believe that the "princess" will be here soon. Yeah!! Hang in there!

Kristin said...

Six weeks will go by so fast! It is a good thing the weather is cooling down for a few days! Any chance your boys want to clean my house too ;)

Sweetpea said...

Did you tell them that it is ALWAYS like this for you? Some women just do it this way. Don't let them convince you to induce labor, yuck! Hang in there, it'll all be over soon and you'll be holding your baby girl! Looking back now, those last few weeks really flew by, and I wasn't ready yet. Good for you on all the house projects, I still can't seem to get anything done.