Monday, April 30, 2007

Lavender Quilt for a New Baby



href="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PaSE2jYMwj4/RjYJwoQEFhI/AAAAAAAAANU/0izz4pOc6Mw/s1600-h/Purple+quilt+circus+cam+bday+flowers+020.jpg">



Here is my new niece who was born last week, isn't she gorgeous?! I made this little lavender quilt for her and I think it turned out so pretty. I just love each of the fabrics in it, and my sister is a purple freak so it seemed perfect for her baby girl. I was so excited to give it to her along with a flannel receiving blanket and burp cloths that I made just in time for my mom to take to UT with her. I had a lot of fun sewing those also and used some of my decorative stitches on my machine for the first time. There is one that sews little connected hearts that is my new favorite, and now I want to try them all. There are some little flowers that I think would be really pretty to use on a quilt too. I didn't take any pictures of those since I finished them at about 1 AM and they went straight into the suitcase, so I'll have to take some of the next project. My nephew is having a great time being the new big brother. They all seem to be adjusting really well, with a very good-natured baby which is a great blessing! I just wish I didn't have to wait so long to get to see her myself. Congratulations to everyone!

2 comments:

Nana Peggy said...

That quilt turned out so pretty. And she is a most adorable little girl. You will be able to use all those stitches to sew cute little outfits for your baby girl soon. Have fun!
Love, Nana

ellen said...

Another beautiful quilt by EB!