Sunday, March 04, 2007

More Pink Stuff




I still can't believe we're having a girl. I don't think I'll really believe it until I see for myself in the delivery room. Of course, that didn't stop me from rushing out to buy some PINK dresses!


Or, planning a baby quilt made from this PINK and green fabric:


One night we had celebratory- you guessed it- PINK! cupcakes:




I've also been dreaming of different projects that I could do with this adorable pale PINK with cute little red cherry fabric, and complementary red gingham:



and my sister-in-law brought me this teeny tiny PINK newborn dress:


It really has been like Christmas for me around here, except even better! I don't think I stopped smiling for two straight days. I couldn't sleep either, I kept waking up excited in the middle of the night and thinking about what fun we're all going to have with a baby sister around. I can't even tell you how much fun it was to walk into a store, and head straight for the girl section. I've never gotten to do that before! I think I bought ten pink items in about ten minutes, and of course had to share my news with the checkout person! I've also decided that I need to learn to sew better so that I can make outfits, so I may attempt to actually sew a clothing item from a pattern which I've never actually done before.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute! You're making me want a baby girl, too! Very dangerous! I think we should start a Friday project group like Laura Gunn talks about on her blog. We could get all kinds of sewing and baby quilt making done! Sounds like fun!
Janika

itybtyfrog said...

Congratulations on the baby girl!!! Girls are the best (of course I am partial because I have 3!) I can't wait to see what you make with all of your cute fabrics. And those dresses are all adorable.