Saturday, March 03, 2007

Jean Quilt



This is the denim quilt I made for my brother J last Christmas. I forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it to him (probably because I finished on Christmas eve!) but he was kind enough to send me some. I'm glad to see that he is actually getting some use out of it. For the backing of this quilt I used homespun fabric, which I don't necessarily recommend because it frayed pretty badly. Or at least if you're going to use it, cut extra, esp for the binding so you have enough to go around the whole edge. I love making jean quilts with lots of pockets. That way, if you get hungry in bed, you can just reach for some of your snacks that you've stashed in your quilt pockets! (only recommended for non melty snacks)

2 comments:

ellen said...

It's really cool. I saw a nifty denim quilt in the Pottery Barn Kids catalog this week.

itybtyfrog said...

Very nice quilt. I love the pockets. We have a denim quilt that my mother-in-law made us for our wedding. It has a pocket on it that says, "Kiss someone it's fun!" It sure is!