Saturday, February 03, 2007

Shower Gifts





My good friend is having a baby girl next month and I am so excited for her! She is the one who has pretty much taught me everything I know about quilting and she is a great teacher. So, I wanted to make her something special to match her nursery. She picked this adorable pink and brown fabric for the baby's room- I guess those are the in colors! The fabric is designed by Buggy Barn and I absolutely love it. She's making her quilt with this Buggy Barn star pattern, I think the book is called Star Crossing, so I thought it would be fun to make a something decorative to match it. It's especially cute because the fabric has a lot of stars in it.
Once again I used the "Tooth Bear" sewing project from the Martha Stewart website I altered it a little by enlarging the pattern to make it bigger than the original. I also machine sewed it right sides together and then flipped it out and stuffed it instead of handsewing the edge like their felt version on the website. The legs and arms are really skinny and kind of hard to stuff, so the legs are filled with plastic pellets and the rest is stuffed with polyfil. It's a quick and easy project which is the kind I like. Her shower was today and it was lots of fun. She got so many cute dresses and little girl outfits and things I could hardly stand it! This will be one well-dressed little girl. I can't wait to meet the new arrival!

3 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

It has been a while since I have ventured over this way. You are so talented! My little sister is going to have her first baby, I might just have to copy your brilliance!

Kristin said...

I just love the pillow and bear! They look so perfect in our baby's room! You have an amazing talent. Thank you again!

itybtyfrog said...

What adorable projects!!! Can I invite you to my next baby shower? If I ever manage to get pregnant! Very cute!