Monday, February 26, 2007

Great Expectations





So this might be a good time to let you all know (if you don't already) that we are expecting- expecting a baby that is! For those of you who have been paying attention to this blog for a while, you may be asking yourself- don't they already have four kids, and doesn't this make #5? What are these people, crazy?! Well, the answer is yes, yes, and probably a little bit, yes!
But seriously, we are all very excited, especially my middle two boys who are constantly touching and talking to my belly and telling me that I need to stay home and take it easy instead of going to meetings, taking walks, etc. Funny they don't offer to clean the whole house everyday though! My ten year old also wanted to know if I would start having "mood swings" like his teacher that just had a baby, and described her pregnant behavior in great detail which I thought was quite hilarious! They really have been very sweet about the whole thing. My teenager is maybe a little less into it all, which I'm not offended by or anything. I can understand that at that age, having a pregnant mom may be a little embarassing and not something you necessarily want to broadcast or constantly dwell on!
Later today I have an ultrasound to determine the sex of the baby, but let's face it- odds are it's a boy! Since the first four are so great, another one is fine with me. I have to admit a girl would be nice for a change though, especially as a major lover of the color pink! So either way, more big news to come, but I guess it wouldn't hurt for you all to THINK PINK today!

So I have to tell you about a funny conversation I overheard yesterday morning. Two of my boys were arguing about who would take a shower first (since for them, taking a shower is akin to torture) Their dad told M to take one first, but he asked me if they could flip a coin to decide and I said fine.

N: Dada told YOU to take the first shower!
M: Well, that doesn't matter because Mama said we could flip a coin to decide and Mama has more power than Dada, so we're flipping a coin!

I HAVE THE POWER!
(Imagine that in a He-Man voice. Lately we've gone retro and are into He-Man, if any of you are old enough to remember it! My little guy dug out all of my brother's old toys and videos and now we get to be subjected to some form of He-Man everyday-lucky us)

So finally, these pictures have nothing to do with this post, except that it is snowing again today- no snow day this time though. Here's a picture of the really pretty roses I got from my honey for Valentine's day. And all I did was make him a big cookie- what a lame-o I am!

1 comment:

ellen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.