Saturday, December 23, 2006

Santa!



For a couple of days before our church Christmas party he talked about nothing else- Will Santa's reindeer be there when I see him? How will he get there? Will it be Christmas Eve? Then the big moment arrived- Santa burst into the room with a jolly "Ho Ho Ho!" A look of abject terror crossed my little guys face! He ran to me and gripped me around the neck, digging his nails into my skin. "I need to hide," "I need to get out of here," he said desperately. His Dad took him out into the hall to calm down. First he agreed to get in line and wait to see him, if Dad held him. But, at the last minute he overcame the fear and actually sat on Santa's lap! When asked later what is scary about Santa, he answered "The beard." Ironic, seeing how my husband has a beard too! I think he likes the idea of a Santa he never sees bringing presents more than Santa himself. The Santa threat totally works on him too, at least for a few days. As in- Go pick up your toys if you want Santa to come! Today my husband told him that if he didn't get in bed soon he'd have to call Santa. He walked over and picked up the phone and pretended to dial and the little guy was like, no, no!! and jumped right into bed.
He is a true believer, albeit a nervous one!

No comments: