Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Pumpkin Patch








Last week we had our opening social dinner for the women at church. The dinner was really fun; we had a good turnout and great food. I made these little pumpkins for centerpieces, and I thought they turned out pretty cute. I enjoyed making them because they are quick and easy to make, and I am all about quick and easy! They only took about 20 minutes each to sew. Now I'm just using them as decorations in my house. Most of my fall decorations are just pumpkin themed rather than specific to Halloween or Thanksgiving because I like to be able to keep stuff up for the whole two months. I got the pattern to make these from a Gooseberry Patch quilting book I bought a while ago. I really love all of the projects in this book. I think it is called "Country Friends Go Quilting." I am also attempting to make a fall quilt from the same book. It has applique on it which is kind of hard to do. In fact, I don't think I'm doing it the right way really, but it's so cute I wanted to make it anyway. Probably I should have taken a class in the proper way to do applique first! Oh the joys of holiday decorating. If I was a super-organized person (which I'm decidedly not), I would have done all of these fall projects in the summer and would now be making Christmas stuff. Anyway, hopefully I will have the quilt done soon to show you!

No comments: