Friday, October 27, 2006

More Pumpkins!


I just can't seem to get enough pumpkins this fall! Still no quilt, but I embroidered this little pattern last week. I've decided embroidery is my new fave thing to do because it is so quick! I used to do a lot of cross stitch but it would take me months, or even years to finish a project. This one took two days. You gotta love that!
I got the pattern when I was in UT last month at Pine Needles quilt shop which is a great place. I walked in there and almost had a heart attack! Wall to wall fabric, quilts, embroidered pillows, crosstitch, a few other crafts I've never even heard of, cute stuff everywhere you looked!I just couldn't believe it. I had about 25 min to spend in there (I could have spent all day for sure) so I grabbed what I could including this pattern. It is by "Macadoodles" from Cedar City, UT. Lucky for me Pine Needles has a website with about a million other patterns on it!
I took a walk around the pond near our house this week and saw a family of 5 bluejays, and cardinals, and beautiful leaves everywhere. The squirrels have been busy for weeks gathering acorns. The colors this year are so vivid I can hardly stand it. And the weather has been crisp, clear and gorgeous. I wish this fall would never end!
Hope you're having a beautiful one as well.

1 comment:

ellen said...

Nice photo!