Monday, August 21, 2006

Tiny Toys




I checked this book out of the library a while ago- Sewing Tiny Toys, by Carolyn Vosburg Hall. Here are a few of my attempts at some of the projects from the book. The orange starfish is named "Fancypants," and the blue one is "Hank." There is a purple felt starfish named Timmie but I'm not sure where he is at the moment. My sewing is not that great but it is getting better. There are some really adorable projects in the book, like a penguin and an otter. Hopefully with practice my attempts will improve. The orange starfish is sewn out of regular felt, but it started pilling right away, so I think I may need to order some of the nicer wool felt for doing these projects. Also, I started out using her patterns in the book, and they were so small I could hardly turn them out, so I made them all a little bigger. I don't know how anyone could do such tiny ones, at least not on a machine. Anyway, they are kind of fun and my kids love playing with them!

No comments: