Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thrift Nirvanah!




A few weeks ago when we were in upstate NY, I went into this little thrifty antique type store to look around. The had lots of cute stuff, and as I was walking towards the back, I saw this lunchbox up on a shelf, and it was like- Ahhhhh! (imagine an operatic sound) All of a sudden it hit me that this was my lunchbox from elementary school! I hadn't thought of it in years, but I loved it so much! I vividly remember all of these pictures of the little old-fashioned girl in pink, pushing her baby carriage and playing her old-fashioned games, and the pink and white checks. This lunchbox is so me! It's funny how some tastes change but some stay just the same, I would have bought this new today too! It was so exciting and brought back lots of memories. I must have had it in first or second grade. That would be back in the, um 70's-ish time. Does anyone else remember this lunchbox? It's a little rusty, but I think it will be perfect to store craft-type supplies. I like to imagine that this is my actual lunchbox, come back to it's rightful owner after several years of adventures!

1 comment:

ellen said...

That's so cool!! I love upstate N.Y. and I love lunchboxes. I still have my red plaid lunchbox from elementary school! And I have my Grandma's leather lunchbox!

Treasures, treasures...